Walking a day in a bookkeepers high heels is rather fun in my opinion. That’s because I make it fun. Pursing business opportunities that only “gel” with me. Having a honest and authentic outlook is likely what got me the invite to spend some good ol quality time with some pretty cool cats at Intuit’s Mississauga office. Either that or they needed a bookkeeper to spice up their Accountants Day celebration. Not sure which but I really don’t care, the cupcakes were good. Thanks Bryan Tritt for picking those up to fuel my super powers.
So what’s an Accountants Day celebration? No they didn’t hand out pocket protectors. True Intuit style is making it a big deal. I mean really. I walk into a conference room filled with all sorts of Intuit employees sporting some cool jersey style shirts hash-tagging #IntuitLovesAccts. Which BTW Intuit I want one! I was defiantly in the right place to feel some appreciation! Then turn around to see a wall of screens. With an array of video feeds from different Intuit Offices. Wow! These guys really do work together. Even though they are miles, states, provinces, countries apart they all have linked up virtually to get in sync and talk. An opening message from Jim McGinnis VP of Leader Accountant and Advisor group was well heard and relayed “Intuit Loves Accountants”!!
Think of the time invested in this activity. Pulling all their employees away from their regular tasks to focus on what Bookkeepers and Accountants need from them and how they can help when developing state of the art software platforms like Quickbooks Online and Profile.
So if you need proof that Intuit cares about us accounting folk here are some of the questions that were fired at me interrogation style. Don’t worry I survived. I only had to tell Chris Fudge Business Unit Leader – Accountants at Intuit once to wait his turn!
- What is your typical day?
- How do you interact with your clients?
- What software do you use?
- What tools do you use?
- Why did you chose Quickbooks and Profile?
- How can we make Quickbooks and Profile better for you?
- What are the challenges with your work flow?
- What can we do to enhance your Quickbooks Online Experience?
- What can we do to improve the mobile apps?
- How do you get business?
- What do you need from us?
- How can we help?
- Can you get me a contact for your local schools?
- How can we improve our communications?
- What do you want to see from our website format?
- What are your pain points with Profile?
- What do you want to see integrated with QBO?
- How can we make it more efficient to get client data to you?
Then we stopped for lunch. To which Jeff Cates President of Intuit Canada causally joins the conversation I am having with my fabulous Business Development Manager, Nithin Nayak and a member of his team Jessie Bull. Jeff wasn’t as forthright with his questions, but was actively listening as to how to build strong relationships with small business. Feeling the love yet?
I know when I see a good thing and it resides at 5100 Spectrum Road, Mississauga Ontario, Intuits Canada Head Office. Give them a call today to see what products they have to make your bookkeeping story a better read.
Until next time…..for now I need to exercise to work off those cupcakes!